dev@spamassassin.apache.org

Re: a reliable way to detect The Bat! is by message-id, not by x-mailer Justin Mason Wed Feb 11 03:01:18 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 09:57, Maxim Masiutin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Dev,
>
>  A reliable way to detect The Bat! is to parse the Message-ID.
>
>  The Bat! uses a special algorithm to construct it, I wrote to Malte S.
> Stretz about it already, and he have implemented a corresponding rule several
> years ago.
>
>  I suggest to drop the following rule entirely __THEBAT_MUA
> X-Mailer =~ /The Bat!/
>  and only rely to the message-id to detect The Bat!

hi Maxim --

could you repost the message you sent to Malte about this?

fwiw, that _MUA rule has two purposes.  One is to detect "real" Bat!
users, but it also serves to detect spammers attempting to impersonate
The Bat!.  so we'll have to split its usage into two accordingly.

--j.