dishmod@yahoogroups.com

Re: [dishmod] New Eeprom how to? afb Fri Jan 08 20:00:06 2010

Yes, you can use flashedit. You'll download a virgin flash that matches
your IRD's build, then use flashedit to edit that bin with your IRD
info, and create a virgin eeprom image from that as well. Then using a
jtag you can flash your receiver with the virgin flash (tsop and eeprom)
images, and then install a virgin hdd and hook it back up to the stream
and let it marry and update (or just marry the drive and then you can
flash your ORIGINAL bins back to the receiver instead of waiting for it
to update in the stream).

Or you can save all the time and effort, and risk of ending up with a
non-functional IRD, by using my drive marriage service, eliminating the
need to flash the firmware at all. :)

Roger wrote:

> Am I correct that flashedit2 is all I need to create a new eeprom
> image for a hard drive replacement. I noticed that irdr is not
> available, and got the impression that flashedit2 could be used in
> place of.
> Thanks for helping a newbie.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional