dishmod@yahoogroups.com

Re: [dishmod] Re: Request for Advice: Best Upgrade from 508? Jason Shah Wed Feb 22 10:00:51 2012

Dish online chat says I have to pay $95 technician visit fee to swap out my 501
to 512.  $95 to plug a coax cable into a dish pro splitter on the back of a
512??  I'm not even techy and I can do that!
Anyone else run into this?

--- On Fri, 12/16/11, dougo13 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: dougo13 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [dishmod] Re: Request for Advice: Best Upgrade from 508?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Friday, December 16, 2011, 4:53 AM

      Seems the soultion would be to use more than one drive, depending on what
you are recording. One of the posters at Satguys was saying he was using 11
drives depending on what programs he was recording. That's a bit extreme though
and with drive prices going to remain high for awhile probably unnecessary. Any
idea what is the smallest size drive 1000 songs will fit? Maybe better to use a
smaller (cheaper) drive for the music and a bigger one for everything else...