efw-user@lists.sourceforge.net

[Efw-user] Antwort: Re: PCMCIA/PC Card support removed? Krebs, Michael Wed Sep 08 23:00:19 2010

Hi,

on my endian at home i just installed a 2.6.18 centos 5 kernel.
Then i could load all the kernel modules i need and i have full sources to
compile new modules.

Just do a forced installation with rpm -ivh --nodeps --force
kernel-devel-2.6.18-194.8.1.el5.i686.rpm

Works fine for me, only the dashboard says i should reboot as it doesn´t
recognize the 2.4 kernel.
But how cares...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Michael Krebs

Carl Zeiss SMT AG
Geschäftsbereich Lithographie-Optik
Abteilung Technologie/Mechatronik

Telefon/Phone: +49 73 64 20 - 9635
Fax: +49 73 64 20 - 82 52
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.zeiss.de/semiconductor

Carl Zeiss SMT AG
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Dieter Kurz
Vorstand: Dr. Hermann Gerlinger (Vorsitzender), Dr. Andreas Dorsel, Justus
Felix Wehmer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: 73447 Oberkochen, Deutschland
Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 501473, USt-IdNr: DE 811119999

"Pedro M. S. Oliveira" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gesendet von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09.09.2010 06:49
Bitte antworten an
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

An
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kopie

Thema
Re: [Efw-user] PCMCIA/PC Card support removed?

Hi, I'll only be able to properly answer this over the weekend. Sorry for
the delay but my IO capability is over the limit.
I wasn't thinking in building over endian sources but on kernel sources as
I also need vmware support.
So in the end the requisites ARE:
USB network
Vmware network (vmxnet)
Pcmcia
Does anyone need something else?
Cheers
Pedro
On Sep 8, 2010 3:41 PM, "eric rosel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a similar problem, I've run out of ethernet ports and I'm trying
to use USB-to-Ethernet adapters.  These adapters I have run properly on
Ubuntu, but aren't working on EFW 2.4.
http://www.endian.com/en/community/download/

> Can you please provide some more details on how you were able to get the
sources and compile them with additional drivers?