emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [Emc-users] Outrunners andy pugh Thu Feb 23 13:00:06 2012

On 23 February 2012 19:56, Kirk Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I where to stick with an outrunner solution, one thing comes to mind,
> I could get a kit and wind the motor for 220 and use a VFD.

Can you? I thought they were brushless?
A VFD will rotate them, but the phase lead will be about zero, so the
efficiency will be awful.

A flux-vector VFD _might_ be enough like a sensorless BLDC controller
to work, I wouldn't know about that.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.