engine-users@lists.rails-engines.org

[Engine-Users] Filters order in Controllers Antonio Tapiador del Dujo Thu Aug 28 06:00:34 2008

Hi!
I'm moving my CMSplugin to Rails Engines, as it's a very nice framework for
certain features. Thank you!

However, I've a problem with filters in Controllers.

In my plugin I have the following code:

class PostsController < ActionController::Base
  before_filter :get_post, :only => [..]

  [..]
end

and in an application:

class PostsController < ActionController::Base
  before_filter :get_post, :except => [...]
  before_filter :post_has_media, :only => [...]

  [...]
end

The problem is that :get_post should be passed before :post_has_media, and
that doesn't work.

If I delete the "before_filter :get_post" statement from the plugin, things
work

What is the behaviour of filters in Controllers? Is the filter deleted when
redefined in the application or there are changes in the order?

Thank you again.