enigmail@mozdev.org

Re: [Enigmail] cannot sign or encrypt messages in thunderbird-trunk Ludwig Hügelschäfer Thu Feb 02 18:08:33 2012

Hi,

Christoph Burschka wrote on 25.01.12 16:37:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying out thunderbird-trunk 12.0a1 (2012-01-24) and enigmail
> 1.4a1pre (2012-01-15). While I can easily decrypt and verify incoming
> messages, it seems that signing somehow interferes with SMTP authentication.
>
> When signing an unencrypted message with PGP/MIME, the passphrase
> dialogue pops up simultaneously with an error message saying "Send
> Message Error: Sending of message failed.
> An error occurred sending mail: Could not get password for %S. The
> message was not sent."
>
> When encrypting a message with PGP/MIME (signed or unsigned), the error
> message is "Sending of message failed. Please verify that your Mail &
> Newsgroups account settings are correct and try again."
>
> When signing or encrypting a message without PGP/MIME, the resulting
> error is "OpenPGP Alert: Send operation aborted."

I cannot reproduce any of the above using Daily 12.0a1 (2012-01-25) and
Enigmail 1.4a1pre (2012-01-24) on Mac OS 10.6.8.

Maybe this issue is visible on Linux 64 only.

There has also been a change in Enigmail source code on Jan 16th and
17th. Could you (or somebody else) please test with a newer Enigmail
version?

Ludwig