Re: [e-users] Upgrading KDE = lost menu applications Ralf Mardorf Sat Jun 26 05:00:12 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 21:20 +0100, Mick wrote:
> On Friday 25 June 2010 20:43:04 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 20:14 +0100, Mick wrote:
> > > I just upgraded to KDE-4.4.4 and all my Enlightenment applications
> > > disappeared.  What is the correct way to recover these (other than moving
> > > ~/.e and starting again?
> >
> > Hi Mick :)
> >
> > I experienced several issues regarding to free desktop stuff for e17.
> > I'm fine with e.g. KDE + GNOME, but I had trouble when using e17 too.
> >
> > IMO this needs some improvement.
> >
> > Hm, you won't use e.g. Alacarte,
> > http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Environment/Tools/Alacarte-14607.sht
> > ml and edit app by app manually ;), assumed there will be no issues using
> > Alacarte for e17 ;).
>
> Thanks Ralf,
>
> I do not have Gnome on this laptop - only some of the KDE applications and
> E17.

Alacarte should work anyway. SHOULD :(, I'm not sure if it does and
additionally it isn't a solution to add any app manually to the menu.

Because e17 really, really has the advantage being a lightweight, but
comfortable DE I would appreciate some improvement, at the meantime I'm
testing LXDE http://lxde.org/ too. There's no better or less good, but a
difference. IMO all WMs/DEs do have advantages and disadvantages.
Fortunately we do have the choice between different WMs and DEs ;).

Ralf