Re: [e-users] Fixing autostart config without wiping it? The Rasterman Wed Feb 22 01:01:06 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:43:35 -0800 Marc MERLIN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 09:20:19AM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:57:03 -0800 Marc MERLIN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >
> > can u check icccm/netwm properties (click on window icon ->
> > settings->icccm/netwm).
>
> Yes, they show up there, although in an almost unreadable light grey font on
> white, but that's maybe a theme problem.

i think thats due to theme and entires being disabled and the theme simply
making text greyed out then. :)

> > does xfce-terminal show the commandline you used? xterm certainly does.
>
> Grr, that's it, it does not, so e17 wasn't able to capture the proper
> command line.

correct. if xfce-terminal doesnt go provides it (u can check with xprop too -
but i think your problem is xfce-terminal, not e here), then e is unable to
figure out the correct launch command. xterm though does work right here -
maybe try use that instead? :)

> > > Apparently, this is saved in ~/e/config/standard/e.cfg in some unfriendly
> > > binary format I can't just fix with vi to remove the bad lines (grr, ascii
> > > was fine, I miss it).
> >
> > actually you can, but you are highly discouraged to do it. it's optimized
> > for machine use, not human use.
>
> Yes, I could tell when I saw it :)

yay! it worked. there is a secret. try the "eet" tool :)

> > > I went in E config/apps/startup applications and restart applications and
> > > I do not find my xfce4-terminal lines there.
> > >
> > > How to get them removed without wiping my entire E config?
> >
> > settings -> windows -> window remembers. all your remembers are listed here
> > so u can do just what u are doing now. :)
>
> Ah, I looked in the wrong place, I see it now.
>
> So, all I can do is 'delete remembers' which will also delete my efforts of
> sizing and putting the windows in the right place.

you can multi-select items in the list above - that deletes the selected
remembers, so you can keep the ones u want :) well delete jut those 4 - it's
not much of a loss really. you can do what u want - u just need a terminal ap
that actually gives useful info. :)