entombedgame@googlegroups.com

Re: [Entombed] Emailing: army cheat.rtf Lori Duncan Tue Feb 21 15:01:22 2012

Hi Allan, I think I've solved the problem and found out where I went wrong.  I
went back to the Entombed Saves folder, and realised I'd copied the save file
where I should have cut, but now it's fixed and I have a 12 strong army, I have
3 necros in my party and 2 druids, it's a lot of fun just wandering around with
a lot of people to watch your back as well as your front

Thanks again for your help, from Lori.

From: Allan Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Entombed] Emailing: army cheat.rtf

Hi Lori,
I am glad  you are able to create your army, grin. Yes, totally agree on the
fairy, lol. sometimes I cheat on reincarnation   scrolls, so I wack my fairies
and reincarnate them as whatever. Makes for an interesting group, grin.

Ok, so you got out of the wall problem handled. But now you are having problems
continueing with your army creation.

I guess my first thought is that you got a bit lost in the steps after that
wall problem came up.  When I first started using the cheat, I had made
mistakes too just like that, and for me, it was all because I was not paying
attention or rushing things.
So I think the problem is just you got discombobulated, grin.

What I would do is   to make sure that an "EntombedSave.sav" file is in the
"All players" folder where all those other files should also be like
"World.dat" file and the rest. If there is no "EntombedSave.sav" file int he
"All players" folder then  that is why the entombed program  simply isn't
not have worked for whatever reason. It happens, that is just the nature of
computers. This happens to me especially if I am in a hurry and I am trying to
get to where I need to go, before allowing the computer to  do what it needs to
do, and I usually get myself in trouble that way.

SoI would think what step am I on right now? If my  "entombedSave.sav" file is
in the "Entombed Saves" folder alongside the "All Players" folder then maybe
all you need to do is copy and paste the "entombedSave.sav" file into the "All
players" folder, and then switch back to entombed and load the game.

If it is successful, you will see the army you had before the wall incident
most likely.

So from that point, just start a new game and start that junk new game like
before. Once it is up and going. Save it. Switch back to the "Entombed Saves"
folder and copy and paste your  "entombedSave.sav" file into the "All players"
folder. Overwrite what is currently in there, which should be the junk new game
that reset the world/map.
Switch back to Entombed, load the game, and it should be your army, and if
there is no wall trapping you, go search for another companion as usual...

hopefully this gets you on the right track again.
Remember to  think it thru, go slow and don't rush. There is no time limit or
race to win when using the cheat so  just be careful, amke sure that a file is
selected. That happens to me in Jaws. When I enter into a new folder, the
virtual cursor is on the first item in the folder but it will say unselected or
something like that.  For me, I have to do the cursor keys or  hit the space
bar to get it "selected" so that I can manipulate the file. Otherwise it won't
work right. I don't know if you have jaws or other programs do something
diffrent but that might be a problem too...but like I said, your best friend is
to take it slow, think it thru and  you won't have any troubles, hopefully.

good luck,
al
"The truth will set you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33A.D.