excel-macros@googlegroups.com

$$Excel-Macros$$ Re: A Macro needed for the task beow Ajit Navre Thu May 28 20:00:39 2009

Dave,

Take a look at the attached workbook.

Consider Sheet1.

The 2 class modules implement what we can call a CellToolTip. Look at the
code in ThisWorkBook. The Open and Close Events. Another way would be to use
Data Validation Input Message, but that is against the very idea. Because we
are not expecting any input from the user. Do let me know if you have any
doubts or suggestions.

Regards

Ajit

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:59 AM
To: MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ A Macro needed for the task beow

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that contains a company code in cell A3 to A150.
This company code uniquely identifies a company. These codes ones
assigned are not transferred to another company. What I want to do is
when a user clicks in a cell with the company code I want to reference
its company name. This way the user is not running around looking up
company names that are stored an another excel file . The company
codes are as follows:

0010-BBBB
0010-CCCC
0013-0000
0015-0100
0041-WOKS

So if a user clicks on cell a1 containing 0010-BBBB I want to return
Big Bass Outfitters and if they click in the cell contusing 0010-CCCC
I want to display Canada Water and so on and so forth

I was thinking about a macro some how adding automatic comments by
looking up the company codes against the company name and inserting
comments. But I am not sure if its a good solution and if it can be
done.

All suggestions are welcome.

Please reply here or reply to may email,

thanks,

Dave

Some important links for excel users:
1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com

If you find any spam message in the group, please send an email to:
Ayush Jain  @ [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
Ashish Jain @ [EMAIL PROTECTED]