factor-talk@lists.sourceforge.net

[Factor-talk] <CFNumber> still references c-types at runtime in deployed image. Not sure why Joe Groff Mon Sep 01 07:01:23 2008

I was trying to deploy an image, and the resulting app is bombing out
with a "no-c-type" exception inside a call to <CFNumber>. Now it's no
big deal to switch on "deploy-c-types?", but looking at the definition
of <CFNumber> in core-foundation, it seems like it shouldn't need the
c-types at runtime:

GENERIC: <CFNumber> ( number -- alien )
M: integer <CFNumber>
     [ f kCFNumberLongLongType ] dip <longlong> CFNumberCreate ;
M: float <CFNumber>
     [ f kCFNumberDoubleType ] dip <double> CFNumberCreate ;
M: t <CFNumber>
     drop f kCFNumberIntType 1 <int> CFNumberCreate ;
M: f <CFNumber>
     drop f kCFNumberIntType 0 <int> CFNumberCreate ;

Is there something here I'm missing that prevents the optimizing
compiler picking out the <c-object> calls? Calling infer on each
method definition gives the expected (( object -- object )), and "core-
foundation" reload doesn't emit any warnings or errors.

-Joe