factor-talk@lists.sourceforge.net

[Factor-talk] gobject introspection automatic documentation Matt Edlefsen Wed May 11 19:02:21 2011

Hello,

So I've been playing around with the gobject introspection vocab and
noticed that it doesn't parse the embedded documentation from the .gir
files.

Since that documentation is sometimes the best you can get for a
library, I went ahead and wrote some code to do that.

I'm using it for my own purposes but if there was any interest I'd like
to contribute the patch upstream (with improvements if desired).

It patches the gobject-introspection code directly (didn't see an easy
way to add it as a separate vocab).  Currently it generates
documentation for all generated functions and it doesn't do any
processing of the data.

https://github.com/medlefsen/factor/commit/4330eb5f745a704fa3f5514c0662407552a96ec5

Thanks

Matt Edlefsen