fastboot@lists.osdl.org

[Fastboot] correction to compat_sys_kexec_load Sharyathi Nagesh Fri Jul 11 20:31:36 2008

Hi
While testing with kexec tool, I observed some problems. When application (kexec) is 32 bit and kernel is 64 bit I observed that loading crash kernel works without any issues but unloading crash kernel fails.
running strace over 'kexec -u -p'
show the problem to be with sys_kexec_load() call

sys_kexec_load(0, 0, 0, 0x1, 0)         = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
write(2, "kexec_load (0 segments) failed: "..., 49
kexec_load (0 segments) failed: Invalid argument
) = 4

This is patch to fix the problem, I think kernel code had a typo where in:
if((flags & KEXEC_ARCH_MASK) == KEXEC_ARCH) was used instead of
if((flags & KEXEC_ARCH_MASK) != KEXEC_ARCH)

This patch takes care of that, I have tested the patch it worked fine for me. Please review the patch and let me know of your views. This patch is based on linux-2.6.26-rc3.

Thanks
Yeehaw