fedora-ia64-list@redhat.com

[Fedora-ia64-list] R: SPARC, IA64 Ports Of Ubuntu Face Decommissioning Bettoni Fabio Thu Aug 19 00:00:17 2010

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODUxNw

John, now you can move all your Intel/Dell SR870 boxes directly to Debian.

I never used Debian so far, but I think it's good for few ia64 linux users to
meet on a single distro.

Fabio

________________________________

Da: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Per conto di John L. Bass
Inviato: martedì 15 giugno 2010 10.12
A: ia64 Fedora Core Development
Cc: LaMont Jones
Oggetto: Re: [Fedora-ia64-list] SPARC, IA64 Ports Of Ubuntu Face Decommissioning

I lent LaMont an Intel SR870BH2 dual server running Debian desktop on Sunday so
he can clean up some things for that reference platform. I will make a quad
SR870BN4 available if needed. He has an older HP server that has been
supporting the effort for a while now. As soon as Ubuntu is stable on my
Intel/Dell SR870 boxes, I will be moving all my desktops, servers and clusters
over to Ubuntu after running Redhat/Fedora for 15 years.

LaMont had shared with me a while back that we need to find some more
developers to help with testing and debugging Itanium specific issues in
supported packages. He believes that if we clean up some package issues, and
kernel module issues, that we can keep IA64 on the release path for Ubuntu. I
will provide LaMont testing help as I have time, and kernel help as I come up
to speed.

Feel free to contact LaMont directly if you would like to help too.

Have fun,
John