fedora-ia64-list@redhat.com

Re: [Fedora-ia64-list] R: SPARC, IA64 Ports Of Ubuntu Face Decommissioning John L. Bass Thu Aug 19 01:00:06 2010

Hmm ... I would have strongly preferred an open platform/distro that was
a bit more friendly to non-free components.

That's something of a disappointment ... I've expressed a strong
willingness to learn the Ubuntu kernel build process with LaMont and be
a resource for this Ubuntu project ... even to the point of providing
LaMont the machine for development testing. When I talked with him last
week, there still seemed a path to make it happen.

Will have to see what his view is, or if that was just a defacto decision.

John