fetchmail-friends@lists.ccil.org

Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail and postfix Rob Funk Sun Aug 28 10:27:21 2005

Rob MacGregor wrote:
> On 28/08/05, Pete Geenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  So the question is can fetchmail/postfix be configured to  in such
> > away that Postfix will recognize the true source of the spam and
> > reject them before any additional processing takes place?
>
> In short, no.  Fetchmail can't fake the IP the mail is coming from.
> I'm afraid you'll need to find some other way of filtering than by the
> source IP.

One possibility is to go by the sender address/domain and use RHSBLs
(right-hand-side blacklists).  For example, in your
smtpd_recipient_restrictions you might include:
  reject_rhsbl_sender rhsbl.ahbl.org
  reject_rhsbl_sender badconf.rhsbl.sorbs.net
  reject_rhsbl_sender dsn.rfc-ignorant.org

It's not a complete solution, but when using fetchmail you can't get a
complete solution; you need to rely on spamassassin.  Just make sure
spamassassin is set to do network tests, including DNS/RBL tests, DCC,
Pyzor, and Razor, and be sure to install the client software for DCC,
Pyzor, and Razor.

--
==============================|   "A microscope locked in on one point
 Rob Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |Never sees what kind of room that it's in"