fetchmail-friends@lists.ccil.org

Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail hangs... Rob MacGregor Sun Sep 03 00:36:44 2006

[ These lists are depreciated, use the lists found from www.fetchmail.info ]

On 8/2/06, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm completely new to fetchmail.  I want to use it to offload my mailing
lists emails from my email client.

I have a file: test.fetch
poll smtp.comcast.net proto pop3 user "telting" password "password" ;

I invoke with: fetchmail -v -f test.fetch and I get:
fetchmail: 6.3.4 querying smtp.comcast.net (protocol POP3) at Wed Aug  2
01:18:54 2006: poll started

and it just hangs...

You need to read their FAQs:

http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=Email117481

also known as, it helps if you use the right server :-)

--
                Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor