fish-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [Fish-users] Current state of fish in gitorius SanskritFritz Thu Nov 18 09:00:06 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Grissiom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think -without-xsel is good for distros. Because the pkg manager of
> that distro can "suggest" to install xsel together with fish, which is
> more cleaner way IMHO.

There is such thing as 'optional dependencies' in archlinux. My question is,
if I compile fish with xsel enabled, will xsel be mandatory for fish then?
Or can fish run just fine without xsel installed?

BTW, is it ready for a new release? I'm not competent to fire the
> release but I'm just curious about it. I think a new release could
> attract more eyes and thus bring more users/devs.

I agree with that. A press statement would be good as well, where all the
news are clearly stated.
Many in the archlinux community have concerns about the future of fish.
But we love fish!