freebsd-current@freebsd.org

Re: rtld or lang/gcc cannot find libgcc_s.so.1 Tim Kientzle Tue Feb 21 22:00:07 2012

On Feb 21, 2012, at 3:39 PM, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
>> 3) Add a new option to ldconfig to prepend new libraries to
>>  the hints files and fix the ports to use this option instead
>>  of -m.
>
> You don't want system binaries that want /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
> to use /usr/local/lib/gccXX/libgcc_s.so.1, though.  Wouldn't
> your option 3 do that?

Why not?  Would it cause problems?

Is libgcc from GCC 4.6 incompatible with /lib/libgcc?

If I understand correctly, the libgcc in base is pretty stripped
down compared to "regular" libgcc, because most of that
stuff is in our libc instead.  So if there were compatibility
problems, I'd expect those to show up when GCC 4.6 linked
programs against /usr/local/.../libgcc and /lib/libc.

Tim