freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org

operate file in kernel space Yong Fan Sun Mar 25 20:00:21 2012

Hi all,

I want to operate file in kernel space.
At present, I have found the following kernel routines, which operate file:
Kern_open(), kern_close(), kern_readv() and kern_writev().
Now, I have some doubt about these routines?
1 kern_open() doesn't return a file handle or file pointer?
As we know, filp_open(), which is a Linux kernel routine, returns a file
pointer.
ZwCreateFile(), which is a Windows kernel routine, returns a file handle.

2 how can I "seek" a file in kernel space?
The function of "seek" routine is similar with generic_file_llseek()(Linux) or
ZwSetInformationFile()(windows).

Thanks
Yongfan

The information and any attached documents contained in this message
may be confidential and/or legally privileged. The message is
intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or
reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by
return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.