freebsd-java@freebsd.org

Re: Eclipse 3.2 port (java/eclipse32) Palle Girgensohn Mon Oct 09 12:06:30 2006

--On tisdag, oktober 03, 2006 11.50.26 -0400 David Sledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Palle Girgensohn wrote:

--On fredag, september 01, 2006 19.54.17 -0400 David Sledge
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It looks like the safest thing to do is submit the port as
java/eclipse32
and leave the existing java/eclipse port alone. As plugins get updated
for the new port of eclipse version 3.2 we will eventually be able to
remove the old port. I plan to submit the PR on Wednesday as I am
currently away from my FreeBSD computer :( . Thank you for all your
input, help and testing on this port.

There is a patch release, 3.2.1. Will you consider adding those fixes,
i.e. updating the port to 3.2.1, or is it too late for that? I guess
we can always update the port later.

I just stated, in another mail, that I'd rather see an update of the
old port of eclipse, we really don't need two different ports for
eclipse, but I guess just creating a new port is faster, and will fix
existing plugin ports quicker. Oh well...

/Palle

Working on the build for 3.2.1 now. Hoping to have it done by the end of
the day. We talked about updating the the old port on this mailing list
and more people seemed to want it to be a separate port so we did not
break the dependencies. I am getting more and more emails now supporting
to update the existing eclipse port. I have no problem with that. I will
ask again how many people would prefer updating the original eclipse port
versus creating a new port? Please comment on this ASAP as I am working
on an update to eclipse 3.2.1.

If you need help testing 3.2.1, feel free to ask!

Bets Regards,
Palle