freebsd-java@freebsd.org

Re: More information regarding FreeBSD PowerPC and Java binaries. Super Bisquit Thu Mar 08 13:00:47 2012

A few questions:
1. Has anyone built or tried building OpenJDK7 on a PowerPC machine? I see
that the Makefile has for i386 amd only and checks for i386/i586 in OSARCH.
I've just edited out those two values:
Nothing is being built until portupgrade finishes on both active machines.
2.  I haven't looked as of yet due to system rebuilding errors; but, when
was the last reference in ports or java to Zero VM.
3. The older Sun/Oracle java downloads don't seem to exist. Where would
they currently be located? I would like to look at the install script and
compare that to my fixes.
4. Why does the installer use "gzip -d $FILE" when "tar xvf $FILE" executes
without an error? I've also used "tar xvf > /dev/null" to replace the
"$UNCOMPRESS(gzip -d) > /dev/null" in the install.

As I said, both machines- iMac G4 PowerMac Quicksilver- are being rebuilt.
I can always run test builds on either machine while working on other
FreeBSD items: ports, ppc package builds, qemu related, et c/al.

Anyway, thanks for reading this