freebsd-java@freebsd.org

Re: Problems with compiling java programs on FreeBSD from ports Jason Helfman Tue Apr 03 18:00:56 2012

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=89377+0+archive/2008/freebsd-java/20080203.freebsd-java

http://www.eyesbeyond.com
> > Information Technology              FreeBSD : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> Please believe me when I say that i do not have neither an i386 nor an
> amd64 machine to do such. None here belong to me nor do I have the
> permission to change what is on them. I have only the RISC- Power,
Sparc64-
> at my disposal.
> I would like to try building from the mercurial source; however, I am not
> currently finding the proper hg pull/clone instructions. I may find them
> after I send this email.

You can't build openjdk from source without a bootstrap JDK.  So, whatever
machines you have, at least one of them will have to have a compatible
working JDK on it.  You could, for example, install Solaris on the Sparc64
machine and run a JDK there, but you have to have _something_ with a
running JDK.  Also, since the bootstrap JDK isn't on the same machine
you're
building on you'll have to use the technique described in the post I sent a
link to above.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Information Technology              FreeBSD : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If Solaris costs money, then I can't finish this porting effort because I
am poor.

Have you looked here: http://openindiana.org/

This is a fork of OpenSolaris (free).

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman         | FreeBSD Committer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh