freebsd-x11@freebsd.org

Re: libxcb 1.8 Conrad J. Sabatier Thu Feb 02 19:11:20 2012

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:17:30 +0100
Sebastian Chmielewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2012/1/25 Kostik Belousov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > This is a note that updating libxcb from xorg-dev to 1.8 killed my
> > client-side X. Every client using libxcb hangs on start, eating
> > 100% CPU in the poll(2) loop. Downgrading to 1.7 fixed the issue.
> >
> > Not much useful, but I hope to get less mail after the notice.
> >

> I have the same issue. Rebuilding libxcb, xcb-util didn't help.

I experienced the same roughly a week ago, and reported it on the xorg
mailing list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  Reverting to 1.7 was absolutely
necessary.  I considered for a while upgrading every port that depended
on libxcb, but according to pkg_info, that came out to be roughly 750+
packages(!).  No thank you.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier