gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org

gcc default include path debugger_gcc Mon Mar 29 06:00:07 2010

On linux:
>From where does gcc picks up header files like stdio.h by default?
Does it configure gcc to pick header files from particular location at the
time of build?

On windows:
I copied cygwin directory from one of my friend's machine where cygwin was
installed to my machine.
however when i run gcc from windows command prompt i get an error displaying
"stdio.h : no such file or directory.
header files are already present in cygwin\usr\include.
I have placed cygwin on the same location where it was present in my friend
machine C:\cygwin.

In my PATH , i have set C:\cygwin\bin .