gcc@gcc.gnu.org

How to suppress frame pointer usage by default? Konstantin Vladimirov Tue Feb 21 06:00:43 2012

Hi,

What one must use in custom backend to suppress frame pointer usage by default?

Frame pointer is mentioned in ELIMINABLE_REGS:

#define ELIMINABLE_REGS             \
{           \
  {ARG_POINTER_REGNUM,   STACK_POINTER_REGNUM}, \
  {ARG_POINTER_REGNUM,   FRAME_POINTER_REGNUM}, \
  {FRAME_POINTER_REGNUM, STACK_POINTER_REGNUM}, \
}

TARGET_CAN_ELIMINATE is defined to be always true,

TARGET_FRAME_POINTER_REQUIRED is defined to be always false

Instead of this, gcc generates code with frame pointer usage, and I
need manually specify -fomit-frame-pointer to suppress this behavior.
What else may influence this?

I feel, I missed something in the GCC internals.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

---
With best regards, Konstantin