h2-database@googlegroups.com

Re: Binary data and performance Noel Grandin Wed Apr 04 05:01:28 2012

On 2012-04-04 12:33, Carl Hasselskog wrote:
I have two questions regarding binary data:

 1. I have a column that will contain approx. 1KB-5Kb per row. What is
    generally the best option here, blob or binary?

binary

 1. If I use blob, will the data be read from disk if I include the
    column in my query but don't read from the binary stream in the
    ResultSet?

no.