habari-dev@googlegroups.com

[habari-dev] SSL Renewal Owen Winkler Fri Feb 17 10:00:25 2012

Our complicated SSL cert is up for renewal within 30 days.

To remind you, it's a UCC cert valid for 5 subdomains.

It seems that it might be more economical to buy a new wildcard cert from a reseller other than GoDaddy (this pleases me, at least) for less than the cost of renewing the UCC cert.

Back in 2008, I bought a 4-year UCC cert for $319. The same thing would cost $306 today. The renewal price is somewhere around $90 for a single year.

A wildcart cert from Namecheap (looking at the Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard) would cost slightly less at $89 per year. This would get us the wildcard on the cert -- Instead of having to choose which domains can sit behind SSL, they all can.

So, unless anyone has any better ideas or warnings...?

Owen