hdtivo@yahoogroups.com

Re: [hdtivo] Re: re:time to upgrade? short kidd Thu Mar 22 06:05:46 2007

Captain,

First off thanks for your help!

I ran the echo command and I get:

bash-2.02# echo mls /SwSystem | tivosh
Directory of /SwSystem starting at ''

    Name                      Type        FsId      Date  Time   Size
    ----                      ----        ----      ----  ----   ----
    3.1.5f-01-2-357           tyDb      105404  10/07/05 15:03    700
    ACTIVE                    tyDb      105404  10/07/05 15:03    700

I beleive that my TIVO has the bootpage has been set to upgradesoftware=false.
How do I change that setting?

Vincent

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: captain_video2
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 7:19 AM
  Subject: [hdtivo] Re: re:time to upgrade?

  If you have TivoWebPlus installed you can check the SwSystem under MFS
  to see if the slices have been downloaded to your Tivo. If you don't
  have TWP installed but can get a bash prompt you can check it using the
  following command:

  familyroom:/var/tmp$ echo mls /SwSystem | tivosh
  Directory of /SwSystem starting at ''

  Name Type FsId Date Time Size
  ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
  6.3b-01-2-357 tyDb 1952718 02/18/07 07:00 796
  6.3c-01-2-357 tyDb 1922667 02/10/07 10:40 772
  ACTIVE tyDb 1952718 02/18/07 07:00 796

  familyroom:/var/tmp$

  Note that your bash prompt may look different than the above example (I
  copied it from a post at DDB). If you see the listing for 6.3c then go
  ahead and force a daily call via the phone settings menu. If your unit
  is hacked you will need to disable the "upgradesoftware=false"
  statement in your bootpage setting and also disable the fakecall hack
  (either rename the fakecall.tcl script to something else or comment it
  out in the rc.sysinit.author file). You may have to reboot the HDTivo
  several times before it will complete a call successfully. Otherwise,
  it will get stuck on the negotiating phase of the call after connecting.

  You can also install the upgrade manually by editing the installSw.itcl
  file and running it manually. Most people like to edit the file so you
  can reboot the Tivo manually but I don't see where it really makes any
  difference, except if you run into a problem during the running of the
  script. There are lots of posts at dealdatabase and the Tivo Community
  Forum that show you how to edit the file (I don't have the info sitting
  in front of me at the moment or else I'd provide it).

  If you perform the upgrade manually I don't think it matters if the
  bootpage command is changed or not. I discovered this accidentally
  when I ran the script on one of my HDTivos and forgot to change the
  bootpage setting first. The upgrade proceeded without a hitch and the
  HDTivo is not at 6.3c. Of course, I had to reinstall the hacks to get
  them working again.