help-make@gnu.org

Re: What's the status of GNU make 3.82? Paul Smith Tue Jun 15 22:01:40 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 11:21 -0400, Adam Kellas wrote:
> As I recall it was being discussed late last year but I've heard
> nothing since. Is it imminent?

Well, David Boyce sent in a large-ish patch implementing a nice feature
that I wanted to add... but I needed to add unit tests and doc changes
before it could be committed.  That kind of derailed the plan I had
(this is my fault, though, not David's: if I didn't have time to finish
his good start, I should have just left the feature until the next
release).

Anyway.

RMS is concerned about GPLv3 licensing etc. and I promised him I'd get
out a release candidate by the end of June (yes, 2010).  So, that's a
pretty hard deadline.