help-make@gnu.org

Re: how to remember updated targets across recursive make invocations? Philip Guenther Mon Feb 20 01:00:43 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Mark Galeck (CW) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I do the same all in one directory and without recursive calls, the target
> "prereq" is only updated once, as expected.
>
> Is there a way to have it update only once in the above example situation?

You seem to have answered your question before you asked it.  I'll
note that the problem is caused by the recursive calls and not by the
directories.  If you haven't already, read the example solution
towards the end of the "Recursive Make Considered Harmful" paper.

Philip Guenther