hints@linuxfromscratch.org

New website - CVS log policy Jeroen Coumans Mon Aug 25 04:40:34 2003

Hi,
(In order to minimise the damage done by cross-posting, follow-ups only to [EMAIL PROTECTED] please)

As everybody should be aware of right now, a major feature of the new
website are the newspages. These will be our online "view in the kitchen" of LFS-related development. See http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#todo for a full description of the newspages.

Anyway, the reason I crosspost this mail is a request for those with CVS commit permissions:

please make your CVS logs meaningful in an online context!

There is only so much information which we're able to extract from CVS and show on the website and this is necessary in order to make the newspages usefull.The current CVS logs on the LFS, BLFS and hints newspages are not (always) descriptive enough to get a real idea what changes have happened (see eg.http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/news.html#changelog and http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/news.html#changelog and http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/news.html#changelog).

I've tried to give an example of a meaningful online CVS log at http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#changelog.

As a guideline, try to write in the CVS commit log that which you also write in the {B}LFS changelog.

Thanks,

--
Jeroen Coumans ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq ([EMAIL PROTECTED])