hlfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: Chapter 5.8 tcl error - multiple definition of 'fixstrtod' Aaron Miller Sun Jun 18 14:42:48 2006

I don't think this went though previously since I had not yet
confirmed my account. Sorry about that.

I think I have finally figured out the problem. Curious why I got LFS
was working, but not HLFS, I went though their build instructions real
quck to see what was different. I noticed that in that book there was
a link created cc-->gcc. Now I also noticed that there is no "gcc"
binary in my HLFS tools, but there is a "i686-tools-linux-gnu-gcc". Is
that what the "env CC=${target}-gcc" is for? Is it creating a
temporary link to my gcc  binary? If this is the case, I think there
might be a typo (I have been copping and pasting the commands).
Shouldn't CC=cc? I really have no idea, I just gave it a shot and it
seemed to work with this change. I am going to go back to the tcl step
and rebuild everything with this correction and see if it works out.

Thanks for your time!
...aaron

PS: sorry for all the inbox clutter.