imp@lists.horde.org

Re: [imp] howto block the creation of new "personal information" Andrew Morgan Fri May 21 16:01:00 2010

On Fri, 21 May 2010, Gottschalk, David wrote:

This is good information.

I need though the ability to block users from changing their from address. We have lots of issues with user's account being compromised and spammers using IMP to spam the Internet.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I looked heavily through the prefs file, but it seems the from address setting cannot be removed?

in horde/config/prefs.php:

// user preferred email address for From: line
// If you lock this preference, you must specify a value or a hook for it in
// horde/config/hooks.php.
$_prefs['from_addr'] = array(
    'value' => '',
    'locked' => true,
    'hook' => true,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'text',
    'desc' =>  _("Your From: address:")
);

I think you must set a hook for from_addr in horde/config/hooks.php if you lock this preference. I use a simple one that lets me override the From address in a local file:

if (!function_exists('_prefs_hook_from_addr')) {
        function _prefs_hook_from_addr($user = null) {
                include HORDE_BASE . '/config/from_map.php';
                $from = '';
                if (array_key_exists($user, $from_map)) {
                        $from = $from_map[$user];
                }
                return (empty($from) ? $user : $from);
        }
}

In my system, $user is a fully qualified value, such as "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". So when nothing is found in the from_map.php file, it just returns $user. If your users are not fully qualified, then the from_addr hook probably needs to append your domain name and return that.

        Andy