iphone-offline-maps@googlegroups.com

[OfflineMaps] Marking MapTiles.sqlitedb read-only Jeff Chen Mon Jun 22 02:03:21 2009

I've been having issues with broken MapTiles.sqlitedb. It seems the
Maps application sometimes tries to write into the pre-downloaded
MapTiles.sqlitedb and somehow (with a high chance) broke it.

I tried marking the file into privilege 0444 and it protected the file
from being modified well (except sometimes when the user privilege was
fixed to 0644 for some reason).

I guess it would be a good idea to let the program protect the
MapTiles.sqlitedb from being modified and broken this way, whenever
setting a link to the map file.