iphone-siddur@googlegroups.com

Re: New version Joel Hakoune Fri Jul 10 07:00:03 2009

On 10/07/2009, at 15:51 , Barry Schwartz wrote:

> Joel, that is pretty rude.  :) This has been a feature for a long long
> time now.  You are just noticing it now?  It is not new to 4.0.  It
> was first introduced with version 3.5 on May 7th, so it has been
> "ridiculous" since then.

Yes, i know, and i told you about this at that time. However, i didn't
get a proper feedback. So, i'm just trying again :)

> We rarely get complaints from observant Jews.  Actually, this is the
> first complaint we received about this.
>
> I am not understanding why you care so much?  Do you need weekday
> Maariv on a Friday morning?

First, it doesn't solve the problem, as they still can play around
with the siddur, map, misheberach list, calendar,... So, is it only
maariv that bothers you? You're very right, they shouldn't use siddur
to pray on shabbos, but they shouldn't use it at all on shabbos. I
think you should do it the right way, not just by hiding a prayer or
two. So, i think my suggestion would be the best solution to this
unbelievable issue.

BTW, what about the chagim? So, you'll have to check all these special
days. So, again...

Also, it doesn't look right, not being able to see some prayers on
chol. That's why people think it some kind of "undocumented
feature" (bug:)

At last but not least, but i know you don't agree with me on this,
maybe if other people could give their opinion on this as well,
sometimes i just want to check the nusach of the prayer for a specific
day. So, i don't think you should hide any prayer at all.

One more thing, several people already asked for it, it would be much
better to have the siddur settings right into the app itself, instead
of having to switch to the settings app then back to siddur.
Sometimes, i just want to enable/disable a feature temporarily (for
instance the smart siddur), this way is a real a pain.
There are other app-store apps doing this, so i really don't see why
you don't.
For instance, yesterday i used the siddur at mincha, and i noticed the
kriyat hatorah didn't show :( I'll have to take a look at it. Anyway,
turning the smart siddur off/on would really be helpful, sometimes.

I really appreciate all your effort and together with all the other
users. Thank you both (including Ronnie) very very much for this
unique and wonderful siddur.

I'm in a great lack of time, since a couple of months, so i'll ask
some more time to get further with the edot hamizrach updates :)

Thanks a lot.