iphonesb@googlegroups.com

Re: [iphonesb] US consumer iOS sales dip yesterday? Evan Schoenberg, M.D. Sat Nov 20 21:00:10 2010

On Nov 20, 2010, at 10:15 PM, Doug Dawson wrote:

>>> They seem to be trying to molest the sales reporter into showing the report
>>> mode with the most traffic.
>>>
>>> It can be disorienting.
>>
>> What do you mean?
>
> The sales reporter decides what you want to see, not you.
>
> By the time you read this, they may have changed their minds again. UI design
> is hard, la la la.

AppViz (http://www.ideaswarm.com/products/appviz/) and AppSales Mobile
(https://github.com/omz/AppSales-Mobile - disclaimer: I'm a developer for it)
do exactly what I tell them., actually.  However, garbage in/garbage out; the
sales report posted earlier today was factually incorrect until it was revised,
with America and Europe region sales far underreported.

I agree that Apple's take on "sales reporting" is a useless abomination.

Cheers,
Evan