iphonesb@googlegroups.com

Re: [iphonesb] Dealing With Negative Reviews Jesse Tayler Fri Mar 02 12:00:31 2012

The way iTunes store reviews are set up makes it feel to the user that they are
somehow communicating with us, the developer -- like commenting on our blog and
we should be able to help, right?

Helping folks, getting field feedback is rare and hard to come by.

I have long felt there's a good reason to make it more clear how people can
communicate with the developer more easily if they wish.

Of course, apple should also provide a way we can distribute beta applications
to testers who opt-in to such a thing, but I digress...

Clearly, people feel the review board is a way to communicate and of course, we
know we don't even hear when they leave a comment on there! foreign stores are
practically lost entirely.

Sadly, I've never found any satisfactory solutions to this

I have fallen back to simply reviewing once in a while and taking note of
anything I might be able to look into if at all possible.

I once had some German guy announce that my app was sending personal data up to
my servers which is silly -- of course, I didn't even know he had written the
review, and he never contacted me but represented himself as some sort of
privacy expert or whatever.

what could I do?

I can't even contact the person or leave a response or anything at all...