iphonewebdev@googlegroups.com

Re: appML = iScroll + jQTouch Marconi Fri Jan 28 13:01:10 2011

Well we really love jQuery.... JQM first stable release will be the
definitive framework
for mobile dev, we are sure of this!
We used it and test a lot before starting appML developing and we
noticed some bugs for
now.
I want to repeat and I want to be quite clear: JQM is a giant and we
staring at its features as little kids but JQM alpha 2 has bugs on
back button behavior, the hide/show managing of toolbar and footer bar
is really cool but unusable if your page has a long list of clickable
elements. I guess similar problem happens if you have input elements
(in online demo there's not a page with both toolbar and form
elements) so I don't know if they have prevented native scroll when
touchStart event start from an input.
Actually appML is not just JQT+ iS but also a collect of trouble
shooting and workarounds accumulated in these times.
So now, if a customer ask me an app for iOS I prefer to use my appML
instead jQM (while jQM is in ALFA version).
Definitely I suggest: "use all these tool (appML, iScroll, jQT) and
wait for JQM"