issh@googlegroups.com

RE: ssh x forwarding Charlebois, Serge Thu Feb 02 15:07:21 2012

Hi.
Thanks Dean for the programmer's info.

Disabling the X server resolved the issue:
-start iSSH
-go to the Xserver icon. It asks to confirm starting the Xserver. Wait till you
see it.
-select and start an SSH connection.

Thanks!

Serge Charlebois
Local C1-3072, GEGI
Université de Sherbrooke
Tél. (819) 821-8000 #62621
FAX. (819) 821-7937

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] De la part de Dean Beeler
Envoyé : 23 janvier 2012 19:26
À : iSSH/iX11
Objet : Re: ssh x forwarding

I'm sorry it seems the X server is rather difficult to work with.  I
don't see the X server get in this state quite as often.  Some extra
steps need to be taken when the X server is backgrounded because
servers aren't supposed to run in the background per the Apple
guidelines.  What devices are you using?  Ideally I'll try to match
your configuration and then work to make things more reliable for you.

"TIP to developer: Just add a simple button to restart the X11
server!"

This is actually what the "Use X Server" button does when it's being
turned on and off.  It's not immediate though.  The X server loads
quick but not that quick.  Ideally you can go over to the actual X
server window and see it come to life.  Once you see it up in the X
display, you're good to go.

Dean