ivtv-devel@ivtvdriver.org

Re: [ivtv-devel] IOError: [Errno 16] Device or resource busy TheHog Fri Dec 07 00:02:08 2007

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
From: Hans Verkuil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Discussion list for development of the IVTV driver
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 21-Nov-2007 09:28
Subject: Re: [ivtv-devel] IOError: [Errno 16] Device or resource busy

> On Wednesday 21 November 2007 02:57:32 TheHog wrote:
> > With ivtv 0.10.6, I get the error "IOError: [Errno 16] Device or
> > resource busy" when setting the input (v4l2-ctl -i, ioctl). With ivtv
> > 0.10.5 it did work. That is, with 0.10.6 it is not possible to change
> > the input from tuner to e.g. composite or svideo while the device is
> > open. Is this a know issue? Is it solved in a later version? Note
> > that 0.10.6 is the current default in Gentoo.
>
> No, this is a feature: changing inputs like that could cause a corrupt
> MPEG stream so I changed the driver to prevent people from switching to
> another input when a capture is in progress.

OK, understandable but an annoying 'feature'. In Freevo (www.freevo.org) we
have a TV channel list that includes different inputs. I.e. composite and
s-video inputs are in the same list as tuner channels. The user can 'zap'
through the channel list: BBC 1, Composite, S-Video, BBC 2, ... without
stopping the player (xine in this case). I'll now have to find a way to
re-enable this functionality. Restarting the player is not an option, that
takes too long.

Regards,

Richard.