ivtv-devel@ivtvdriver.org

Re: [ivtv-devel] AVERMEDIA MULTRA MCE 1500 CARD - UNKNOWN IVTV CARD Andy Walls Mon Jun 29 02:01:49 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-27 at 23:29 -0400, Todd Crown wrote:
> Seriously, thanks for the response. I was worried I wouldn't hear
> anything because I'm so new to the scene and my card is pretty old
> (4+years), so thanks, I really appreciate your help.
>
> As for the chips on the card, where could I find that? Would I need to
> take the card out for that, or find something on line of some sort?
> Here is a link to the newegg page for the card. I purchased in in 2006.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100008

Well the NewEgg pictures don't show the detail, plus they show two
different cards anyway. :(

The easiest thing is to pull out the card and write down the
numbers/letters on the chips.  Also if you can gently peel back the
AverMedia sticker on the tuner can and see what the real part numbers
are on the analog tuner, that would save us a lot of guessing.

> As for adding a skeleton entry, you've lost me...

OK.  If you can provide a list of chips on the card (or good, readable
digital photos), I can build up a skeleton entry.

> And as for following the process that is outlined in the link you
> provided, I think I can follow it, it's pretty straight forward.

Good.

> I hope your family events went/are going well; and seriously, thank
> you for taking time to help me.

You're welcome.

Regards,
Andy