ivtv-devel@ivtvdriver.org

Re: [ivtv-devel] ivtv and embedded vbi/wss Andy Walls Sat Aug 14 09:00:12 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 16:10 +0200, Roger MÃ¥rtensson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Tried to see if I could find any WSS-related pages on the WIKI but got
> this error message:
> 145: Table './wikidb_ivtv/searchindex' is marked as crashed and should
> be repaired (localhost)

I'll ask the site admin to see about that.  (I'm a web site maintenance
idiot, myself.)

> Anyway. I want to turn on the WSS-signal. If I use v4l2-ctl with
> --get-fmt-sliced-vbi/-out It says that it is turned on. Does this mean
> it is also is stored in recorded mpg file?

No.  You'll need to also do something like

v4l2-ctl --help
v4l2-ctl -L
v4l2-ctl -C stream_vbi_format
v4l2-ctl -c stream_vbi_format=1
v4l2-ctl -C stream_vbi_format

> Is recording this signal turned on by deafult or do I have to do some
> v4l2-ctl magic first?

No, IIRC.

After the driver is loaded you'll need to turn on sliced VBI and set the
private packets to be inserted at least once.  The setting will persist
across opens of the device (apps can change the settings of course).

If you just want the sliced VBI separately (which is not very useful),
you'll still have to set the device for sliced VBI.  After that you
could capture sliced VBI from /dev/vbi0 without having it embedded.

Regards,
Andy