ivtv-devel@ivtvdriver.org

Re: [ivtv-users] [REGRESSION: wm8775, ivtv] Please revert commit fcb9757333df37cf4a7feccef7ef6f5300643864 Andy Walls Mon Jan 10 06:00:32 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 13:56 +0100, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 07:39 -0500, Andy Walls wrote:

> You know what, life's too short.  I've spent far too long on this at the
> expense of far more interesting projects.  Every time I put some effort
> in someone says just one more thing...  I get the message.

With all due respect, I don't think that you do.

The message is *not*

"Lawrence we don't won't your patches here , because we're an exclusive
club"

nor

"Lawrence, we don't find your time and talent valuable"

All of my comments stem from *one* high level requirement:

Don't break the code for existing boards - especially popular ones for
which I have some level of maintenance responsibility.

How you satisfy that requirement is up to you.

Just as you don't have a lot of time to do all the analysis and testing
to ensure that requirement is met; I don't have time to clean up every
patch that doesn't meet that requirement.  The time and effort you don't
expend gets pushed off to me or someone else.

I have tried to provide you with constructive criticism and guidance.  I
will not do your work for you.

Regards,
Andy