ivtv-users@ivtvdriver.org

Re: [ivtv-users] problems after kernel update Larry Fri Sep 07 12:03:51 2007

I had the same issue.  Downloading the latest xdriver from here (below)
and configure/install. There is a dependency issue for an X11
development package iirc, but I don't recall what it was. Sorry bout
that but my note taking skills are lacking...

http://ivtvdriver.org/viewcvs/xdriver/trunk/

(if your using ATRPMS you didn't need to download the ivtv package btw)

Of course I should also add that once I did the above I was able to get
a working system, that would launch KDE via the tv out of my pvr-350,
however when I go to watch video in myth I get "unable to initialize video".

I would be curious if you get the same thing after the xdriver upgrade.

If so there is a patch for mythtv to support the latest ivtv driver api,
that I'm told will fix the problem but since I rely on rpms for my myth
setup I haven't been able to test.

Here is the link to the patch

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/36482#36482

If you search the ivtv archives for the thread "OK,     next question...
TV-Out on PVR-350 on kernel 2.6.22.." from me you will see the
progression of testing.

Let me know how your testing goes and if you get the same issue with
Myth and watching TV/recordings.

Larry