ivtv-users@ivtvdriver.org

Re: [ivtv-users] Help With Troubleshooting Andy Walls Fri Feb 03 08:02:01 2012

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hello,>>I have two servers running Mythbuntu 11.04 and MythTV 0.24.1.
>I have
>three PVR-150 tuners in the server configured as a slave backend, and
>some digital tuners in the master backend.  The problem I have is that
>whenever the analog tuners are called for by any frontend (even a local
>one), I get distorted video, with stuttering and image freezes.  There
>is
>currently a bug report in with MythTV on a �Analog Channel Change�
>issue.
>I have tried the work-a-round (tune a digital channel before using one
>of
>the analog tuners), but it does not work for me.  I finally saw some
>troubleshooting steps for IVTV drivers, and followed some of those
>steps.
>The one that caught my attention, is the �cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg�
>test.  I looked at the file that was produced while the command was
>active, and VLC would only play a few seconds of the file and then skip
>to the end, and then terminate the viewing window.  The video jumped
>and
>was distorted, just the same as it was in MythTV.  So the issue,
>evidently, is not MythTV, but perhaps with IVTV or some related item.
>>On a related note, the same hardware works without issues, when
>running
>MythTV 0.21 under Mythbuntu 8.10.
>>What would you do next and where would you look for a
>resolution?>>Thanks,>>Jeff

What are the kernel versions shown with uname -a?

What are the ivtv-driver versions shown with v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1
--log-status?

What other devices are shown sharing the interrupt lines with ivtv using cat
/proc/interrupts?

What is the cpu loading shown with top during video capture?  Are there high
numbers for user or io wait percentages?

Have you tried loading the ivtv module with various debug flags to get extra
logging: modinfo ivtv.

Regards,
Andy W.