ivtv-users@ivtvdriver.org

Re: [ivtv-users] cx18: PAL support on 1388? Andy Walls Tue Apr 10 09:02:57 2012

Jeff Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Excellent, thanks for the further detail Devin.  I am happy to very the
>patches against another install and report back.
>
>On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Devin Heitmueller <
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Jeff Campbell
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> > Great news, thanks for the update Devin.  I believe the 1388 is the
>newer
>> > version, that was the one I sent Andy a board for that required a
>few
>> > tweaks.
>> >
>> > I will be interested to hear about the merge of support.  I assume
>that
>> > applies both to tuner as well as analog capture support, or is it
>only a
>> > question of whether tuner support is present for PAL, as analog was
>> always
>> > supported?
>>
>> As I'm sure you know, analog support is typically comes in two forms:
>> analog via the tuner, and analog via the composite/s-video inputs.
>> I'm pretty sure that both are supported now in the existing upstream
>> tree, although I believe Steven also did some tweaks to improve
>> picture quality that I am not sure have been merged.
>>
>> Devin
>>
>> --
>> Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
>> http://www.kernellabs.com

PAL has always been support on CVBS and S-Video inputs.

Only the newer HVR-1600's with the tda18(mumble) tuner support PAL via analog
RF.  That should be the 1388's.

I have not received or seen any patches from Steven, although I did have some
IRC chats with him to answer some questions when he was working on them.

Regards,.
Andy