java-dev@lists.apple.com

Sending AppleEvents Rolf Howarth Fri Jan 26 06:05:23 2007

Does anyone have any example code that demonstrates sending and receiving Apple Events using JNI? There's an old example on the Apple developer site using JDirect but that's long since been deprecated.

There is of course general Apple Event reference documentation but I'm not sure if there are any gotchas invoking this from Java?

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/Apple_Event_Manager/index.html
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/AppleScript/Conceptual/AppleEvents/index.html

(I've already tried using osascript and Runtime.exec(), by the way, but because of the particular events I need to send osascript won't work for me.)

Thanks,

-Rolf
--
Rolf Howarth