java-dev@lists.apple.com

Re: Xcode 3.2 support for java Mike Swingler Sun Aug 30 11:01:20 2009

The Java templates in the Organizer (Window > Organizer Cmd-Ctrl-O) are still present, however all but one of the Java project templates have been removed.

The JNI project template is the only Java project template that remains, because it builds a native library. The template has also been re-written to be a full graphical Swing application that calls into the native Mac OS X address book. I'd highly encourage anyone who is interested in JNI development on the Mac to check it out.

The only additional developer content we ship for Java is the source and javadoc for the JDK itself, and does not include any templates.

Cheers,
Mike Swingler
Java Runtime Engineer
Apple Inc.